Environmental Containment Material
- Replacement of tank bottoms
- Protection of fiberglass tank bottom liners while undergoing repair
- Underground electrical cable burial
- Filter beds for water treatment plants, refineries & paper mills.
Advantages to using Specialty Sand Company
- Contamination-free material: Clean, moisture-free sand with average PH of 7
- One-step delivery and application process: Our trucks blow directly into the designated area using special hoses
- Ability to access otherwise inaccessible places
- No rehandling of material, saves labor costs
- Save manhours, equipment use and completion time
- No damage to roof structures, linings and anodes already in place
- A fleet of over 30 self unloading bulk delivery trucks, with the most experianced DOT-Certified drivers
Environmental Containment Material Specification
*Specific requirements and general characteristics for silica sand material.
- Silica sand shall be clean, washed free of clay, low in free chlorides and PH will be neutral.
- The silica sand shall be a specific grade with following physical and chemical characteristics.
- A sieve analysis should yield no more than 3% retention on the #20 U.S. Standard Sieve, and no more than 10% material passing through a # 140 U.S. Standard Sieve.
Physical and Chemical properties:
- Greater than 98% Silicon Dioxide
- Grain shape should be sub-rounded to sub-angular
- Hardness should be at least 7 on mohs scale
- Bulk Density should be between 95-105 lbs/cu ft
- PH shall range from 6-8
- Resistivity shall be greater than 500,000 ohm/cm
- Chlorides shall be less than 50 ppm
- Sulfides shall be less than 1 ppm
- Moisture content shall be less than .2%